Sunday, September 4, 2016

It's been a while

I thought I would faithfully update this blog but alas I haven't had much enthusiasm with it.

I've been spending my time apartment hunting still, I found a great one but the paperwork fell through so the hunt will resume later this week or next because this weekend is Eid and nothing will be done at this time.

The week before last I celebrated my 30th birthday, it was okay definitely not a memorable one. Its weird being pregnant and a bit lonely on your birthday in another country. Ahmeds family was very sweet and surprised me with a cake which was thoughtful but I just wished to be able to spend this day with my love.

I have periodic love/hate days towards Egypt. I don't think it will ever truly feel like my home. I am too different from the culture to meld with it in the long term. In truth my nature is a bit on the quiet side, I love relaxation and no stress. I love feeling free and giggly also but I haven't had very many of those moments. I'm sure pregnancy adds to this also.

I'm ready to settle with a flat and begin the moving process. 6th Oct is a significantly quieter and cleaner satellite city of Cairo so its a great start for us. Ahmed won't be returning till Mid Oct so he's staying an addition month, three in total. I am both happy and incredibly sad for this. It's a great experience for him definitely but I wish he was here to experience our first child together, to feel her kicks or see her move in my belly. To talk with her and read to her. I wish for this so much.

Today has been a quiet day of reflection for me, not bad nor sad just quiet. I'm ready for the next level to begin in my life. I'm ready for it to build and for us to create the life we dream of. That wanderlust is still there.

I will keep positive and focus on the sunny side.


peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment