02/20/2016
Starting a blog has proven to be rather difficult, not in the sense of setting one up but simply that every time I sit down and begin to write many lovely interruptions happen, such as a loud marriage party. The raucous sounds of car horns blasting in a semblance of a song,I rush to the window to see what is occurring. I find lights flashing, loud music, laughter and a dark car adorned with many flowers and bows. I watch intently as stampede of cars pull into the empty field in front of our house and am in amazement of this bizarre scene of 20+ men leaping from their cars and all proceeding to dance. It was delightfully odd.
03/04/2016
Ive been in Egypt 33 days officially. I am an official stamped resident of Egypt! Ive come to realize a few things in my time here. I feel the British system of government organization has severely hindered the Egyptian culture. A system of rules regulations protocols that the Brits use does not truly flow in this culture. Many things here could be much simpler then they are but there is this rule of complication if you will. I feel most Egyptians don't know why they do what they do in this regard merely that its always been done this way. Ive spent a lot of time at different ministries in my few weeks to secure residency and begin to carve out my life. I never thought I would miss the American system of order lol a que line here is not a straight-line. It is in fact a zig zag, a spiral if you will...it is every shape imaginable. The only way to reach your end destination is to push your way forward (nicely) and know first come first serve means little to nothing.
What I thought was my official residency Stamp ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment