Last weekend Ahmed,myself and some of his parkour friends went on a camp out in the desert about 4 hours south west of Cairo, roughly 300 miles from Libya. This place was absolutely surreal. The closest village is a place called Bahariya Oasis, aptly named because that's what it is. The village has a lovely hot spring, trees, green land.
The deserts outside of the village are called the White and Black desert. Both are of stark contracts to one another. The white looks like the set of a star wars space centered film. The black desert looks like a sci-fi movie involving radioactive ants and giant ant hills haha...my over active brain but really they do look like giant ant hill or volcano's. I was in love.
The weather was perfect, a light breeze 77 degrees. I couldn't have wished for better. We had two SUV 4x4s our guides were excellent handling the desert with ease and precision...which was great because we were going 70mph. They took us to a beautiful small oasis called Ain Khadra; palm trees, water, figs the whole 9 yards. It was picturesque and serene.
The Chick and the Mushroom, White Desert Egypt
Zoro climbing White Desert Rocks
Handstand
<3 <3 <3
Crystal Mountain
View from Crystal Mountain
--------------------------------------------------------------
| Seville De La Cruz <sevilledelacruz@gmail.com> to Monica April 19 |
Ahlan (hello in Arabic) :)
The Egyptian culture
is a kind and humorous one, they also have amazing ingenuity to achieve
their needs. I giggle at times but ultimately I respect it. Something I
absolutely adore here and wish America would adopt is the delivery
culture! Not only does every single restaurant deliver (On adorable
little motorbikes) supermarkets (known as hypermarkets) and pharmacies
do as well! So at anytime you can simply phone in your order and within a
few hours all of your needs are at your doorstep.
The
land is beautiful and mystical, sometimes it feels like I'm in a dream.
Seeing ancient architecture thousands of years old. I can close my eyes
and imagine the days of yore. A lot of things still exist from that
time like going to the souk for spices, you walk down the pathway
smelling rich saffron, hibiscus, rose, vanilla, anise, fenugreek...its lovely for the senses. It's incredibly affordable, I love the cost of living
here. I bought a half pound of cumin last night at the souk for .33
cents! It excites my inner bargain shopper lol There is something about
spending 20 dollars at the hypermarket and leaving for 5 or 6 hefty
bags. Everywhere you go fresh fruits and vegetables are available from
the souk to roadside stands to the people who have a carro (a large flat
carriage pulled by a horse or donkey) who walk through neighborhoods
calling out the produce they have available or ringing a bell "Potatas
Potatas! Tomatos Tomatos! Zaytoun Zaytoun (olives) Manga Manga! (mango)
Tofeha Tofeha! (apples) Guava Guava!
We took a trip a
few weeks ago to an Oasis about 5 hours from Cairo called Bahariya it
was sooooo beautiful! they have these strangely shaped homes and lovely
hot springs aplenty! this area is also the gateway to two deserts one
known as the White desert...an ethereal outerspace like landscaped area
and the Black desert reminiscent of mini volcano's or ant hills. I
adored it! we camped Bedouin style it was an amazing experience zooming
through the desert in land cruisers watching the landscape race by.
Stopping at a lush oasis for a delicious freshly made meal. Returning
the camp in the night to find large selection of strawberries and
oranges for us to snack on as they prepared us an incredible feast. There
is something to be said for laying on the bare sand, looking at the
billions of twinkling stars and seeing the vastness that exists. It
truly strengthens connections with God and is humbling. I loved waking
up to climb to the top of of the ridges and watching the sun crest the
landscape. It makes me think of Moses and what I imagine Mt Sinai to be
like 



I really am having a great time.I have my
,
I love exploring, I've made friends. Its a great life. I'm excited to
see where 2016 will take me! I realize I've written you a mini novel! my
apologies, there's so much to include!
I hope you have been having a peaceful time in your life, being mindful and content and I hope you husband and girls are doing great and you're planning more trips! I'd love to know how everything is going! I hope the Talbots team is having happiness in their personal and professional lives, going on adventures and finding that which brings them much joy. Please send my love to everyone and tell them to email me sometime.
I hope you have been having a peaceful time in your life, being mindful and content and I hope you husband and girls are doing great and you're planning more trips! I'd love to know how everything is going! I hope the Talbots team is having happiness in their personal and professional lives, going on adventures and finding that which brings them much joy. Please send my love to everyone and tell them to email me sometime.
With love and peace,
Seville <3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We sunrise hiked from our camp to the top of a nearby mountain and were met with this view <3 <3
Footsteps in the sand.
| |||









No comments:
Post a Comment