We've
spent the past 4 days in Giza at Mohammad Tareks (DH's cousin), looking
at flats in 6th October, exploring the city and eating lots of
delicious food. We have picked our flat, the first one we looked at
with the open view. Ahmed called the real estate company and asked them
to hold it for us, so he can go in and sign the paperwork for it. I'm
super excited but also know the work begins once we sign the papers.
Ahmed will be in Dubai soon so while he is gone I will start painting
the bedrooms and accent wall in the living room. I want it to be so cozy
for Ahmed when he returns because I know he will be launched into his
work immediately. The Mall opens the beginning of September and I know
it will be nonstop through the next few months.
We
took Rania (DH's sister) to have her first hookah session, she asked
about doing it a few days before and 6th October has a really lovely
outdoor hookah lounge with comfy seats, dancing lights and great
juices/ice creams. They shared peach shisha and smelled oh so
delightful. She liked it and was getting spacey and hilarious but she
smoked too much and didn't love it anymore. I don't think she will be
doing it again. It was a good time though!
I love the downtown area
there are lots of shops and cafes, its super easy to walk and there's a
beautiful grand Mosque. It was so vibrant while we were there, Ramadan
puts people in such a happy mood and lots of good energy. Families and
friends out walking, talking, laughing and just enjoying the beauty of
life.
I had my first driving experience! I've been super
nervous about doing it here because traffic is insane but I've been
studying the ebb and flow for the 5 months I've been here. I feel much
more confident with highway driving verses the city because of the level
of congestion and tight spaces. I drove from the outskirts of the
downtown to the highway. It was pretty natural feeling, I have to get
used to the feeling of always paying attention for speed bumps. They are
all over the roads and not colored to be visible. It was easy and I had
no problems, we will see what city driving brings 0_0 lol
MT
directed me where to go and we ended up at a random patch of desert
just outside of the city. I parked and we headed into the desert where a
lone random mini mountain was. We climbed to the top and were provided
with a beautiful view of the city lights. I loved it the air was so
clean, the view perfect and the energy was relaxing. Ahmed and I sat
talking about our future and making plans. We are both excited for what
is to come...its been a heck of a ride the past two years and 2016 has
brought the biggest of surprises ;)
After 30 or 40 minutes a random
man in a galabya arrived mysteriously in the desert and walked up the
mountain where we were. Ahmed told me he is an Arabian bedouin and he
makes his home anywhere he wishes. He can happily live at this place
with ease and comfort. I love that so much. We headed out to leave him
to his peace and headed back to Giza.I love driving back into Giza and
seeing the pyramids, they loom out where ever you go. Megaliths to the
ancient world, mysterious and powerful.
At
some point during our time we headed to The Mall of Arabia and walked
around it. Ahmed needed to get some things to prepare for his trip and I
had a little slice of home while there. Cold Stone Creamery...my love!
it makes me happy to share these experiences with him. The man who
prepared my ice cream put on quite a show tossing the ice cream ball
into the air, flipping it around, catching it with different scoops. I
haven't had a show like that in the states every so 5 stars sir!
Through
exploring we were able to find some really great affordable home good
stores to furnish our flat with. I need to make a list soon to start
preparing. I'm so ready and excited to move! I just need an internet job
please God send me the right one. I need that cash flow to build up
savings and prepare for the future. It's okay I know everything will
come together as its supposed to and the right job will manifest.
Trust, Focus, Patience and then reward.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment