Friday, July 8, 2016

Nana

Today is one of those days of nostalgia, I miss my grandmother something terrible. She passed away a little over three years ago. She was in her early 70's seemingly good health and was attending college for early childhood education.  She raised me, the only mother I ever truly know. The only comfort in a (pardon my language) fucked up family situation.

I wish she could have seen what has happened in the last three years, see the person that i've evolved into. I hope she would be proud. I lost 60lbs, I became motivated and disciplined, I found love, I move abroad (a long time dream of mine) and now a baby on the way. I wish so much for her to be able to meet our child and hold them like her other grandchildren and great grandchild before.

I wish to hear her voice and listen to her words of advice on giving birth and childrearing and be able to ask her details about my birth story. Everything happens as it's meant to, I know this. I just miss you Nana and I'm thinking about you. I hope you are at peace <3

No comments:

Post a Comment