We went to the ministry so I can obtain my three year residence stamp, by 8:30 am it was busy and hectic as usual. I love walking through there and seeing the cultural fusion. Africans like Sudanese, Asians, Europeans, Americans, Various middle eastern countries represented like Syria (political refugees) Palestine (political refugees) Lebanon, Algeria, Morocco and more. So many different languages and varying fashion dashikis, kufi caps and Yoruba hats galore. After visiting several various windows and getting stamps we have to visit another government branch in our local area to complete the residence stamp so we will resume once the weekend is finished.
While waiting I starting chatting with a certainly nervous and out of place girl from America named Delta, it turned out shes married and in the process of getting her residence stamp. She just flew in yesterday from Oklahoma and Egypt has her on edge and unsure. They will be living in Alex. I spent sometime advising her and giving her words of wisdom regarding Egypt. Little tips and tricks that have helped me and explained that her feelings are typical for the west to east lifestyle adjustment. I gave her my email to keep in touch.
After we finished we walked behind the Egyptian museum to the microbus station and took a ride down the Nile Corniche. I love riding along this route because you are directly next to the Nile and you see lovely old architecture from the days of King Farouk as well as parts of the Nile that allow me to imagine what the days of the Pharaohs looked like, how wild--lush and green the land was.
The reason for this route is because we were heading to the Chalet that Rehaims husband was gifted for the day from the factory he works for. It was a really love two story place, spiral staircase two bedrooms with a balcony that looks directly at the Nile river. There's a large community pool for everyone to swim in, and swim we did for hours. Ahmed doing his random flips and tricks into the water. He ran into an old student from the PKE giza branch while there. I was happy to swim and lazy in the water. I have missed swimming so much. One thing I noticed though was most of the people in the pool could not swim, the pool edges and shallow side were crowded with bodies of woman, children and a few men splashing about, laughing, being silly and genuinely having a good time!
Me lol
View from the balcony
Zoro still napping lol
My favorite part after swimming, laying in the lovely air conditioned room, looking out at the Nile as we drifted off to a nap. We woke up had a bit to eat, went and sat outside on the edge other river watching fireworks and party boats zoom by.It was a great day overall!
No comments:
Post a Comment