I'm pregnant!!
Today marks my 18th week, we are both excited and I'm so scared! Being first time parents and in a foreign country has definitely added to it but I've realized I must be open to the experience. Babies are big business here. Egypt has one of the fastest growing populations and woman have been birthing since the beginning of time so this gives me confidence. I have Ahmed as my rock, he's so easy with all of this trusting and knowing everything will be great.
I visited my OBGYN last week in the hopes the sonogram would tell us the sex but alas the babies legs were close and he or she refused to show us so hopefully our next visit will reveal the gender....but I still might keep it a secret for people and do a baby pool.
It's such an amazing thing to see the baby moving around in the sonogram. My first visit at 9 weeks I cried when I saw it...like everything became so so real. It's amazing what the human body is capable of and how this process happens with little to no intervention from people like no matter what it will happen as it wants, It's humbling and inspiring.
wish us luck! <3

No comments:
Post a Comment